Throwback Sunday - Blizzcon 2013

Blizzcon 2013 - November 8–9

I am afraid I do not have much to say about this event - it was definitely the most disappointing Blizzcon we have ever been to. 
The usual upside was that we got to meet and hang out with our friends. Other than that it was just uneventful. The staff seem to be bored and unexcited too. 


The "day before" tranquility.

Weather in Anaheim was of course awesome as usual. Sunny and warm in November.
That is quite a treat when you travel from Sweden. I remember standing on the pavement with Nathan, waiting for the light to change and dying of heat. It was super sunny.


Stage was beautiful.
There was of course a fair amount of good cosplay, which I always enjoy!


Gone fishing.


Lovely Svetlana from Kamui cosplay.
Amazing Svetlana from Kamui Cosplay which I admired for years and got to see up close for the first time. Her creations are so unique and beautiful! 


Buzz

 World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor was announced. That was the cool part. 
However the panels and info was very stingy. I think after Panda Expansion everyone was quite excited about sort of "back to the roots" approach.

The panel about planned Warcraft Movie was quite embarrassing - as I remember it now. All answers were either "We do not know yet" or "We know but we can't tell you".


Mandatory pic with famous Orc.

The concert at the end of convention was Blink 182 which would be exciting maybe 10 years ago. At least to me. 

Blizzcon 2013 was not the best one. I still enjoyed the event and time with my friends. Sadly this made Nathan reluctant to go next year, which is a shame since 2014 Blizzcon was the best convention I have ever been to. 

I hope you enjoyed this Throwback Sunday. I have few events I never wrote about so I will try to bring them back as "Blast from the Past" series. You are always welcome to comment. Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular Posts